1) You get paid to be outside and get in shape.
"Pain is just weakness leaving the body". We won't pretend that you won't be sore the first week or so of training, but what a great way to stay in shape all summer!
2) You look forward to going to work.
OK, maybe not *every* day, but there aren't many jobs that pay you to have this much fun!
3) Your friends will want you to take them to work with you.
One of the benefits of working here is that you can take 1 person (at a time) down the river for free!
4) You get to wear swimsuits and shorts to work.
I mean, if you *want* to wear a tie down the river, I guess you could.
5) The smell of suntan lotion, hot days, river funk and sweat.
Although sometimes (often?) guides are better seen and not smelt.
6) You love work so much that you don’t want to leave at the end of your work day.
"Has anyone seen _____? His Mom is on the phone".
"Go check in the back. I think he is still here."
7) You love work so much, you hang out in your off time.
OK guys - you can take your PFDs off now. Your next trip isn't until tomorrow.
8) You can make a difference in your customers’ lives.
Seriously. As I was going through pictures for this blog, I came across a picture that a guide had been tagged in by a customer on the trip. In the comments was 'We were best friends with her by the beginning of the rafting trip'.
9) Evening campfires and best friends.
I don't think there is a better way to spend the summer.
10) Best tan lines ever!
It's all good.
Leave a Reply.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.